Saturday, May 31, 2008

Unnecessary, u-n-n-e-c-e-s-s-a-r-y, Unnecessary

If there's anything this country loves more than fast food and bad pop music, it's completely unnecessary competition amongst small children. Ok, maybe not entirely true, but having the national spelling bee televised on ESPN and ABC is a bit too much for me. In fact, having it on tv at all is something I find highly ridiculous. I've held a grudge against spelling bees since my days as a 5th grade lad when, in front of the entire school I misspelled the word wisp. That's right, you heard correctly, I misspelled the word wisp. w-h-i-s-p, buzzer, you are incorrect, go sit down and be embarrassed for your entire life. Even so, Scripps-Howard can kiss my ass with their corporate sponsorships and exploitation of prepubescent foreign children to promote their annual championship. You fail.


This isn't to say that the spelling bee hasn't given us some hilarious moments over the years. Everyone's seen the video of that kid fainting while at the mic and then getting up only to spell the word correctly and go on to win the thing. That's badass, good for him. Yesterday, however, provided us with more hilarity from the eventual winner of the competition. Kick back and enjoy 'numnah vs. numnuts'





I also realize I didn't start this title with an I think... It got old after 3 posts, it's my blog, so fuck you and enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

consumed said...

one day maybe you will update your blog again